Recently on of my friend forwarded an E-mail, which made me stay stunned. It is about none but one of the worlds richest persons – Warren Buffet. There was a one-hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet, when he was the second richest man in the world. I would like to share that mail as it is. I have inspired a lot from that mail to know about the simplicity and power of human being. The points in the mail go like this:
- He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
- He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence
- He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
- He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis. He has given his CEO’s only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder’s money. Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
- He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch Television.
- Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Buffet.
- Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
His advice to young people: ‘Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself and remember:
- Money doesn’t create man; it is the man who created money.
- Live Ur life as simple as U are.
- Don’t do what others say, just listen to them, but do what U feel good.
- Don’t go for brand name; just wear those things in which u feel comfortable.
- Don’t waste Ur money on unnecessary things; just spend on those who really are in need.
- After all it’s Ur life so why give chance to others to rule Ur life
All I can say about him after reading it is What A Man He Is!!!
You may also like to read:
All about a Generic top-level domain
How Disability Confidence Improves Organizational Performance?
Best Candidates Are Available For Every Position for the Company
Huge Fluctuations on Online Shopping Spending
The Benefits of Document Translation Services