As per the NPD Group’s SMB Technology Report which is a leading market research company, small and medium sized businesses in US are expected to spend more on PCs this year when compared with any other major IT hardware category.
As per the report, 77 percent of small and medium businesses are planning to spend more or the same on new PC equipment in 2010 than they spent the previous year.
- 73 percent of firms surveyed said that they are planning to buy PCs.
- Around 75 percent of companies with 50-100 employees are planning to buy PCs this year.
- Just about 60 percent of companies which have up to 1000 employees are planning to buy PCs this year.
- Only about 23 percent of the small and medium sized businesses are planning to reduce spending on PC this year.
- About 32 percent of the firms are planning to spend on other hardware categories like networking, storage, printers and servers.
- There is increase in PC spending by 51 percent of SMBs to support new growth opportunities.
- 41 percent of the SMBs are increasing PC purchases to support new hiring.