Access Markets International (AMI) Partners, Inc. has published a new report on how U.S. small and medium businesses (SMBs) are using social media.
According to research, nearly 70 percent of U.S small and medium size businesses (SMBs) use social media, nearly double the number two years ago.
Also report states 30% of small businesses and 61% of medium-sized businesses say they find social media very productive.
This makes clear that SMBs are stepping into social networks and perhaps experimenting with things like blogs and Facebook pages.
As per the reports, the following are the top 5 activities in which U.S small businesses participate:
- Keeping in touch with customers: 66%
- Advertising/promotion for your business: 42%
- Blogging: 39 %
- Keeping in touch with business partners: 39 %
- Sales/marketing: 36 %
The other reasons why SMBs prefer social media:
- Social media’s low commitment nature
- The differentiation of products and services
- Establishing and maintaining credibility