Turmeric is one of the most commonly used spices. Its benefits to human body are countless. Turmeric can cure number of human diseases. Turmeric is the root part of the plant. Being a spice it does not mean that it is to be consumed only through food to avail its health benefits. Turmeric in whole or powdered form has many external applications. Turmeric taken internally or applied externally has many health benefits such as, curing digestive problems, arthritis, cold, flu, diabetes, heart diseases, etc. Apart from those benefits, turmeric is considered as magic spice, in regard to the beauty treatments. It has got wide applications in beauty treatments and in cosmetic industry. Some of them are given below:
- The anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties of turmeric are found to cure many skin diseases.
- It is used in the treatment for acne.
- Regular application of turmeric externally to the face is found to be helpful in removing facial hair.
- Turmeric is considered as an anti aging agent and make the skin look young.
- Turmeric is found to lighten the skin tone and remove tan. Hence it is a essential ingredient in many sun screen lotions.
- Turmeric is an good antioxidant.
- Turmeric is found to cure many skin inflammations.
Due to the above benefits, turmeric is used in many beauty creams, soaps, lotions and mainly in many ayurvedic medicines used to treat skin disorders.