Traditional fireplaces make use of coal,wood or natural gas. Now a days everyone is using electric fireplaces to get the effect of traditional fireplaces. Less maintenance and energy savings are one of the main reasons for use of electric fireplaces.
An electric fireplace is portable and can be moved from one room to another. Ventilation is also not required. So it can be installed easily without any remodel of the room. However, certain guidelines must be followed for using electric fireplaces at home.
- As they are portable, they can be kept at any place. So first it is necessary to determine the best place for installation.
- Electric fireplaces can be mounted on walls of a room. Installation of these fireplaces over a wall is very easy.
- Then an electric outlet has to be provided at the place of installation. Different models make use of various modes of outlets. It is necessary to check the outlets or consult an electrician before installing the electric fireplace. Any changes that should be done in electric circuits have to be done properly.
- It should be made sure that wires and other electric components are in good condition.
- It is necessary to read the instruction manual before usage. Safety guidelines have to be followed while using any model of electric fireplaces.
- Care should be taken that there are no fluctuations in electricity. Proper voltage maintenance should be ensured.
- Various styles of electric fireplaces are available in market. They resemble old fashioned stoves or wood burning fireplaces. Based on ones taste, design of electric fireplace can be selected.
- Wood, chrome or glass finishes are made on electric fireplaces. According to the finish materials, right cleaning products could be used for their maintenance.
By following these guidelines, electric fireplaces can be used for longer periods without any complaints.